Job title: Associate Director, Category Management/Business Partnering, Corporate Services
Job description: For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your to apply for this job.
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are transforming how we manage Indirect Procurement. We are redesigning our processes with a focus on simplification and user experience. It’s our aspiration to partner with stakeholders across our organization to ensure they can focus on innovating new treatments for our patients. We intend to do this by driving for results and value that have a meaningful impact, re-shaping our supplier strategies & relationships, and creating a diverse and inclusive culture where solution-oriented team players can thrive and grow exciting procurement careers. We are excited to begin our transformation journey by designing a new Procurement Operating Model and forward-looking technology and strategic roadmaps, ultimately re-shaping our approach to Procurement.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing Procurement strategies for our Corporate Services category across our global portfolio of spend that will result in value beyond savings across a broad group of stakeholders. Our Corporate Services categories include, but are not limited to strategies for the management of Legal Services, Risk Management, Financial/Tax Services, and Corporate/Purchasing Card offerings.
Foster City, CA – Office-Based Position – Hybrid Onsite/WFH Available – Must currently be located in Work Location – No Remote or Relocation Available
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop enterprise-wide category strategies to deliver value by achieving cost savings and improving quality and delivery.
- Partner with focused business stakeholders in Legal and Finance to understand business objectives, desired product/service specifications and projected demand.
- Actively lead important programs, serving as the primary liaison between Legal, Finance, and HR to implement strategic sourcing best practices that incorporate category analysis, supplier selection, and contract negotiation
- Ensure the company has a good supply market understanding and works with the business teams to provide input for creating innovative win-win customer and supplier strategies
- Provide category subject matter expertise to business stakeholders and Procurement functions.
- Consult with cross functional teams to execute strategic sourcing projects for assigned category.
- Collaborate with Procurement Business Partners, Supplier Inclusion and Sourcing Operations to create standard and repeatable process to integrate business diversity and responsible procurement into overall value proposition.
- Drive use of procurement best practices and standardization of processes while minimizing supply risk.
- Consult on the development of fact-based negotiation strategies with suppliers within assigned categories.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities for assigned category and recommend key actions to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Combine all spend information into yearly plans and long-term forecasts for costs, savings targets, value beyond savings and planned projects
- Execute initiatives to classify suppliers and manage supplier relationships according to defined supplier relationship management standards.
- Seek, develop, and establish business relationships with key suppliers. Meet regularly with regional and divisional stakeholders to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction and continuous improvement against category targets are met.
- Partner with Procurement Business Partners a range of suppliers and internal senior leaders to define clear supplier objectives which meet Gilead’s business needs, including quality, reliability, innovation, and cost.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, results orientation, psychological safety to optimize team performance.
- 10+ years relevant work experience plus a BS/BA or 8+ years professional work experience plus a MA/MS or MBA in a corporate environment, preferably in the areas of DEI, procurement and supplier management, or corporate strategy.
- 2-3+ years of Category Management experience with Legal Services
- Experience managing or supporting organization wide Corporate Card programs is a plus
- Experience supporting Global Procurement transformation projects working directly with business partners to execute on defined scope, budget and transformation results.
- Proven track record of applying procurement principles, concepts, best practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices required.
- Ability to develop category and sourcing strategies by identifying opportunity areas with proven record of effectively directing and leveraging procurement spend in assigned category areas by leading global cross functional teams
- Experience managing and maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Strong leadership presence and negotiation/contract management experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with procurement/spend systems data and analysis
- Experience working with and leading multiple projects and teams simultaneously across a matrixed organization.
- Meets Gilead’s leadership commitments with demonstrated experience in applying these principles
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your to apply for this job.
Location: Foster City, CA
Job date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 23:29:40 GMT