Job title: Human Resources Specialist
Company: Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC
Job description: Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Job ID 2022-3379
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-VA-Richmond
Category Human Resources
Type Regular Full-Time
Shift ** May include weekend hours, 2nd (Day)
Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a leading domestic and international freight forwarder in the United States, providing customized logistics and warehousing solutions for clients around the world and across all industries via air, ground, and ocean freight. A subsidiary of Estes Express lines with corporate located in Richmond, Virginia, EFW is uniquely backed by Estes Express Lines’ extensive line haul network providing EFW clients with a hybrid transportation network. The company has received industry awards, including Specialty Carrier of the Year and E-Commerce Delivery Carrier of the Year, and has been recognized by Global Trade Americas as a leading 3PL to watch.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Representative, the Specialist, Human Resources will provide support to the Human Resources department by working on a variety of HR projects to expand knowledge and experience in various aspects of this discipline.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and monitor HR inbox.
- Assist with general employee inquires.
- Ensure completion of new hire paperwork and create employee records.
- Maintain employee records, including all filing and organization of filing system.
- Maintain company contact list and virtual org chart by updating the company talent management system when there are new hires, promotions, demotions and other employee changes.
- Maintain and update documents and information on the company intranet.
- Complete registration process and periodically attend career fairs and assist with creating, ordering and organizing materials.
- Order business cards.
- Create and distribute employee ID badges.
- Responsible for organizing all community outreach.
- Assist the EFW Experience team as needed with employee events at corporate office as well as field operation sites.
- Organize and execute company parties.
- Work with Marketing on composing and distributing companywide HR announcements.
- Create and distribute company newsletter.
- Assist with extending documents and collecting signatures via DocuSign.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Assist with HR phones screens and interviews.
- Assist with onboarding process, including facilitation of post- offer background and drug screening.
- Help with maintaining OSHA compliance throughout the company.
- Facilitate distribution of employee service awards and announcements.
- Help with processing leave of absence requests, disability paperwork; medical, personal, disability, workers compensation and FMLA.
- Conduct new employee orientation and process new hire paperwork.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; plus 1-3 years of administrative support and human resources experience, required. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Must possess intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Qualified candidates will have a proven competence to communicate clearly and persuasively with all levels of an organization required. Proven ability to handle difficult conversations required.
Intermediate understanding of an experience in working with government agencies, regulations and laws (FMLA, OFCCP, FLSA, EEOC, DOL, OHSA, NLRB, etc.) required.
Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 04:24:18 GMT