Job title: Field Executive – Tom Ford Beauty/Frederic Malle/Kilian Paris – (NYC, NY)
Company: Estée Lauder
Job description: Job Description:
The Field Executive is responsible for the delivery of retail sales and building relationships with retail store teams through the management and leadership of ELC store and counter staffs, freelancers and/or the education and coaching of point of sale teams. Their markets are comprised of multiple channels: FSS, Specialty-Multi, Department Stores and Military Counters. They will create and maintain strategic partnerships with retailers and the execution of seasonal brand plans/promotional calendars as well as create local plans and specific events to drive enthusiasm and engagement with the customer. They will spend approximately 70% of their time on the sales floor interacting with Retail managers, store and brand-dedicated staff, and consumers to drive client acquisition, engagement and conversion. They will capture consumer insights by observing shopping patterns and competitive activity and use insights to inform action plans. The Field Executive is responsible for direct management of FSS/Counter Managers, conducting in-store training customized to the brand and retailer, as well as the education, coaching and development of the sales team. The Field Executive assesses the selling staff’s ability to effectively incorporate the taught skills and techniques. They assess and manage performance and provide frequent feedback to ELC staffs, and they provide input to store managers related to 3rd party staff. They will drive client acquisition through outreach, client management, social influence, oversight of visual merchandising execution, and by building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the store and retail community. They will drive conversion through coaching of the selling staff, negotiating for additional space and resources to support promotional activities, creating and overseeing event execution, and using insight to influence schedule optimization.
Store Visit Time Allocation (70% of Field Role)
Consumer Facing Side-by-Side Selling/Driving Conversion (40% of store visit)
- Develop teams through regular, quality store visits and one-on-ones with focus on achievement of sales and productivity goals and brand & sales objectives.
- Manages/leads/influences team in driving sales, excellent customer service and quantifying the team’s ability to meet and/or exceed sales goals.
- Utilizes and demonstrates solid understanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail market and cosmetic industry to keep business and team moving forward by capturing consumer insights/sales trends/traffic patterns and using learnings to influence optimization of the field operation.
- Assess staffs’ incorporation of skills and techniques taught and overall sales performance.
- Observes and provides feedback to Cosmetics Manager regarding performance of 3rd party staffs.
Coaching/Training/Education (20% of store visit)
- Deliver effective sales coaching: modeling, observing and providing feedback to ensure effective delivery of sales techniques for varying consumer profiles, including cross selling techniques for new consumers, to ensure sales goal achievement.
- Analyze and evaluate how the team is using training knowledge to drive sales, and demonstrate the ability to identify top performers to develop future bench, as well as recognize and coach to opportunities for improvement.
- Educate teams on top selling ELC products and increase the staff’s ability to recommend cross brands relevant to the customer.
- Drive Brand education: ensure staff is well-versed in brand messaging, differentiation and assortment.
- Deliver brand trainings to dedicated and department-wide staff on product knowledge, service experiences, artistry, selling and leadership skills.
Building Retailer Relationships (10% of store visit)
- Create and maintain strategic retailer partnership(s) where appropriate.
- Develop good working relationships with District Merchants, Cosmetics Department Managers and Store Management to recognize opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategic direction.
Events (10% of store visit)
- Partner with retailers to develop and execute innovative in-store events and use learnings to maximize effectiveness of the market calendar long term.
- Influence retailers and negotiate event space and location.
Reviewing Business Performance with Staff (10% of store visit)
- Communicate sales goals and client engagement strategy
- Maximize selling staff’s productivity through hour utilization, schedule optimization, goal management.
- Proactively identify inventory/stock issues that may inhibit business.
Recruiting/Interviewing (10% of store visit)
- Interview, hire and manage staff behavioral and sales performance (including annual performance review for ELC direct pay staff and sharing of coaching/development interactions of third party staff with the Cosmetics Department Manager utilizing scorecard metrics and feedback from HR partner to determine future development of team.
Out of Store (30% of Field Role)
- Analyze the business and identify sales goals/targets to be set, proactively anticipate and rectify obstacles to goal achievement using critical problem solving skills, target specific KPI’s relevant to the business, strategize client engagement to attract, convert, and retain clients.
- Partners with Centers of Excellence (Sales Reporting and Analytics, Point of Sale, Marketing Coordination and Communication, Education, HR/People Management and Freelance) to more effectively manage and lead business.
- Liaise with TA team on end-to-end talent acquisition process including utilizing Hirevue technology to identify/select potential candidates for open requisitions
- Create feedback loops to the brand: share feedback with central teams on local retailer execution, competition’s products, service offering and activity; maintain in-depth knowledge of market trends, demographics and customer needs/behaviors and reactions.
- Develop good working relationships with Brand leaders, COE staffs and point of sales teams.
- 3-4 years’ experience leading/managing retail/POS stores/counters/regions in luxury business preferablyBeauty industry.
- Solid understanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail culture and cosmetic industry.
- Ensure delivery of overall sales plan by door/territory.
- Create and maintain strategic partnership with retailers, brands, COE functions and point of sale employees.
- Deep understanding of the retail market and current beauty trends.
- Ability to coach and develop staff in order to achieve goals.
- Ability to see problems and develop action plans to get past them (inventory/stock issues, staff performance, turnover, logistical issues related to events, etc.)
- Enthusiastic mentor and strategic thinker
- Charismatic individual with strong negotiation and communication talents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with multi-unit management skills.
- Availability to work key business hours including weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate ELC Fleet vehicle.
Job: Retail – Corporate
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2223904
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact [email protected]
Location: New York
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:11:17 GMT