Job title: Maintenance Tech – Oakland
Company: Elder Care Alliance
Job description: Req ID 2022-2163
Job Category Plant/Maintenance
Shift Day, Evening, NOC
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. To Keep our residents and team members safe, we provide all necessary PPE, and adhere to all infection control requirements including regular testing.
About This Career Opportunity
A Maintenance Tech:
- Responsible for repair services, preventative maintenance on general equipment, functionality of residents’ apartments, and services for all building systems.
- Works under general supervision, demonstrating basic skills and performing a wide variety of maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, housekeeping, masonry, drywall, appliance, and equipment repair.
- Responds to work order requests and to the preventive maintenance calendar in an orderly and logical way.
- Troubleshoots failures in the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, communications systems and residents’ apartments and buildings.
Are You Qualified?
Here’s what you need:
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English and the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Detailed and thorough in work habits.
- Ability to prioritize routine tasks versus immediate needs.
- Knowledgeable in procedures for emergencies such as elevator failure, floods, power loss, fires, etc is preferred.
- Six months of facilities experience working in long term care, home care or a related field is preferred.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status”
Location: Alameda, CA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:26:50 GMT