Position: 6 Months Contract Data Specialist – Client Data
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices.
If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
We are looking for
** contract role
** in the
** Client Data Chapter**, who will be using data analytics to improve client data quality and supporting the Client Data Steward in driving data management initiatives in conjunction with front office (FO) and cross functional teams.
This is an essential role that supports Bank of Singapore’s ambition to be a data-driven company, leveraging high quality and timely client data and analytics to further advance our competitive advantage.
If you have a strong interest and the knowledge in using analytical tools to drive quality assurance, are passionate about driving data quality and process improvements, and have a knack for problem-solving, this is the opportunity for you.
You will support the Client Data Owners and the Client Data Steward in the following:
** Data Management and Data Quality Issues**:
– Key role in managing client and account static information for all post on-boarding maintenance in Bank’s core systems
– Dedicated client data remediation for the client static fields eg: client contacts, marketing consent flags etc.
– Ensure prioritized data quality issues raised by front office or other functions must be remediated eg: dummy client identifier clean-up
– Work on client data anomalies to be immediately corrected or on priority remediation
– Work with cross-functional teams to identify more efficient ways to solve the data quality issues using automation of manual tasks
– Investigate the appropriate corrective actions, including reviewing source documentation where required
– Perform the corrective actions, and where deemed required, recommend process or systems change or preventive controls
– Provide a weekly report on the data remediation progress to the Client Data Steward for efficient tracking
– Execute on a periodic basis the set of test rules from Data Detective Tool, a product of our in-house innovation initiative, to detect and generate report on client data anomalies pertaining to the client data fields being remediated
– Ensure appropriate and confidential handling/sharing of sensitive client data
– Identify red flags and escalate in line with policy and procedures
– Ensure timely follow-up and/or escalation to stakeholders
– Responsible for completing delegated and ad-hoc tasks within the established time frames
* – Degree Holder or Polytechnic diploma or Bachelor’s degree
– Meticulous and detail oriented
– At least 1-3 years of experience relating to banking operations, preferably in Client Onboarding & Maintenance functions, client documentation and static data maintenance
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Able to thrive in a team, is highly approachable and open minded
– Able to be proactive in establishing processes and adopting best practices
– Is methodological with an eye for details and possess the ability to work independently
– Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint