Position: Data Management Specialist – SGA-120
Being Age 55 or Older is Good for The Environment! The Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program offers unique opportunities in Scientific, Technical, and Administrative / Office support for individuals age 55 and over to support the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) through a grant administered program through National Experienced Workforce Solutions ( NEW Solutions). This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued.
You’ll be working side-by-side with EPA staff that are doing important work every day. Pay rate: $18.01/hr. Benefits:
Paid Health Insurance Premium if working 60+ hours in a 2 week pay period, Paid Accrued Vacation, Paid Accrued Sick Time, Eleven Paid Federal Holidays, One Individual Holiday, and optional Vision and Dental Insurance available. This position does require a background check prior to onboarding. Must be a United States Citizen to be eligible for this position.
Incumbent is responsible for technical support activities associated with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) Imports, Section 7 and FIFRA Confidential Business Information (CBI) programs, which includes data entry and oversight of electronic databases associated with these programs. Incumbent provides records management and administrative support to the Pesticides Enforcement Section and the Chemical Safety and Land Enforcement Branch of the EPA Region 4 Enforcement and Compliance Assistance Division.
- Ensure databases and tracking systems are updated and correct by evaluating the data against all ongoing and completed enforcement activities (e.g., enforcement tracker, etc.,). Provide routine updates to the FIFRA enforcement team on the status of database management activities. 25%
- Process Section 7 reports from pesticide producing establishments, evaluate the reports for issues and refer problematic reports to the Section 7 contact, and input paper reports into the Section 7 database. 20%
- Provide records management support to complete ICIS forms and related data reports. 15%
- Serve as the Document Control Assistant for FIFRA CBI documents and assist with maintaining CBI documents, issuing CBI documents, monitoring employee training schedules, and working with records management contractors on the disposal and retention of CBI documents. 10%
- Track and process Notices of Arrival (NOAs) of pesticides and devices submitted by inputting electronic NOAs and scanning/uploading hard copy NOAs into a database and retrieving NOAs as requested. 10%
- Research data systems to gather data needed to prepare reports in support of Freedom of Information Act requests. 10%
- Provide administrative support for scanning, copying, filing, phone duty, and other related work as needed. 10%
Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in related field OR BA/BS Degree in open to area of study on the applicants experience as it relates to the position OR Previously completed training in Data Management
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Teams, MS Outlook, MS One Drive, Fax, Copying Machine, Scanner
- Microsoft Office Suite training or any software training that EPA Region 4 will use