US seeks a Data and Evaluation Associate to support the data collection, analysis, and reporting for the Unidos
US Health team.
The position is hybrid, and will be based in Washington, DC, Los Angeles, CA, or San Antonio, TX.
Salary:$62,635-$69,621 (salary differentials may apply outside of the Washington DC area.)
- Support Unidos
US Education team in tracking and analyzing key metrics identifying, measuring, and tracking variables that impact project outcomes.
- Responsible for data collection management to measure the impact of program activities carried out by program partners.
- Working closely with the Digital Services team, assist with the development and implementation of data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Conduct frequent data migration, manipulation, merging of large, complex data sets from a variety of sources.
- Lead monthly data entry and tracking processes, including receiving and reviewing reports, assessing quality, and ingesting data.
- Identify areas of need for revision, follow-up, and technical assistance for subrecipient reports, as needed.
- Provide data analysis to support the team in decision making.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of project metrics.
- Supports performance improvement to meet deadlines and expected deliverables.
- Provides ad-hoc analyses, briefings, charts, data visualizations, meeting materials, etc. to support component initiatives or programs.
- Work closely with the Digital Services and other Programs teams to prioritize business and information needs.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Through data analysis and observation, ensure proper implementation of curricula at appropriate standards-based level, as appropriate.
- Design, train, and support the structures and processes necessary to implement robust data-driven programmatic delivery.
- In collaboration with Digital Services and other Programs teams, design and implement training necessary for the implementation of the organization’s database.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of data management and analysis with relevant work experience with both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in diverse methods of qualitative and quantitative evaluation of programming.
- Experience with Quick Base, Salesforce, Social Solutions or similar CRM systems.
- Familiarity with statistical and survey building software, including SAS, SPSS, Qualtrics, STATA, and R programs.
- Familiarity with analytics best practice to be able to make recommendations on how to improve data processes.
- Experience working with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Latino community.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in health, education, public administration, public policy, or related field.
- Experience working in a community-based organization or national nonprofit intermediary.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Latino community and Latino nonprofit organizations.
Skills and Abilities
- Steadfast commitment to Unidos
US mission, vision, and values:
Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills with a high-level of attention to detail and ability to support multiple staff and projects.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, team player and creative thinker.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365
- Acute attention to detail.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions;
Works well in group problem solving situations;
Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
Collects and researches data;
Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
Designs workflows and procedures.
- Project Management–Develops project plans;
Communicateschanges and progress;
Completes projects on time and budget;
Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views;
Gives and welcomes feedback;
Contributes to building apositive team spirit;