Job title: Sr Manager Corporate Communications
Company: CVS Health
Job description: Job Description
CVS Health is on a mission to make health care more convenient, accessible and affordable for all Americans.
We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high-energy, growing team to help us tell our colleagues, consumers and communities how we are making a difference in people’s lives. We’re looking for a collaborative, strategic-minded and detail-oriented events manager with extensive communications experience who can plan the content, format, cadence and execution of engaging events for all colleagues, leaders and senior leaders that articulate our strategy and demonstrate our progress to become the leading health services company for consumers.
This role will report to the Executive Director, Editorial Strategy and Internal Digital Channels, and be responsible for development, planning, coordination and execution of enterprise town halls and other enterprise colleague-facing events. They will develop themes that support our editorial strategy and company priorities; build and coordinate agendas; select, prepare and guide speakers; and produce supplemental multimedia materials. They will also lead the engagement approach with colleagues and leaders around the events, including invites, replays, colleague Q&A, and colleague sentiment and reaction.
The successful candidate will be a skilled collaborator, relationship builder and constructive influencer, have excellent executive presence, will be deft at guiding colleagues with competing priorities toward approaches that serve the enterprise, and have exceptional project management skills.
This position is Work from Home, though travel to CVS Health offices in Woonsocket, R.I., Hartford, Conn., and elsewhere will be required to support on-site events.
- Use a deep understanding of and CVS Health and Enterprise Communications’ strategy and goals to guide the delivery of enterprise events for colleagues and leaders
- Recommend locations, formats and topics for town halls and enterprise events that engage colleagues, address workforce concerns and help our executives shine
- Partner with the CEO Communications team on themes, agendas, dates and locations for enterprise town halls and senior leader meetings
- Develop and execute a project plan for each event, including budget, content deadlines, rehearsals, run of show and colleague communications schedule
- Partner with senior executives, senior executive chiefs of staff, and senior executive communications colleagues to plan, create, rehearse and deliver town hall and enterprise event content
- Partner with the multimedia content development team to produce creative assets to supplement town halls and enterprise events
- Partner with Technology and event management colleagues to coordinate all logistical arrangements for town halls and enterprise events, including video crews, live streams, recording and replays
- Manage colleague and leader Q&As for town halls and events, including soliciting questions in advance, identifying themes, selecting questions, coordinating live Q&A and publishing answers post-show
- Coordinate colleague communications for town halls and enterprise events, including invites, reminders, calls for questions, reminders, wrap up coverage on our intranet and replays
- Gather colleague engagement data and feedback, develop reports for executive review and use them to guide the approach for future events
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
7+ years professional experience at a large organization, public relations agency or media enterprise
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
The ideal candidate has:
- Managed complex events and/or projects with multiple high-level stakeholders who have competing interests and viewpoints
- Connected tactical communications activities to a high-level strategy to present a cohesive, engaging narrative to key audiences
- Developed live and prerecorded events that capture the attention of busy audiences and communicate important information in a compelling way
- Served as a key contributor/leader of large-scale initiatives and highly complex projects
- The ability to manage complex projects on strict deadlines independently and with limited oversight
- Excellent executive presence, and written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to effectively deliver in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field, a high school degree and equivalent professional experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:25:49 GMT