Job title: NWA Local Ready Mix Delivery Springdale**Sign on Bonus $1500
Company: CRH & Recrutement
Job description: Job ID: 458261
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Drives multi-rear axle truck in the local Northwest Arkansas area for transporting freshly mixed concrete from central mix plant to roadway/projects. This role is a safety sensitive role as it requires driving a commercial DOT regulated vehicle.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Drive truck from the ready mix plant to jobsites while loaded with ready mix concrete while maintaining the integrity/viability of the ready mix concrete product.
- Make normal operating adjustments to equipment; maintain clean vehicle interior and exterior.
- Perform other duties related to or including operating of chute to assist with pouring.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
- Follow directions of Foreperson as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to customers, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable, Regular On-Time Attendance is required and essential to the operation of the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum high school or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field, preferably in or closely related to delivering ready mix concrete.
Work Requirements * Safely operate a multi-axle ready mix truck delivering ready mix concrete to customers as directed. Safely placing the mix in appropriate locations as directed by the customer, assuming that may be accomplished safely in the judgment of the driver and his supervisor.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
- Travel and work away from home when necessary.
Knowledge/Skill Requirements * Drive a truck with a valid CDL B heavy straight with necessary endorsements. Air brake skills test required for all vehicles that have air brakes.
Must be 18 years of age or older
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Climb: ascent/descend three point entry into cab of truck; ascend/descend a ladder using both hands and feet while grasping handrail to the top of the mixer drum.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (40-70 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (70 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending ladder; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this .
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2022
Location: Springdale, AR
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:34:16 GMT