Job title: Senior Director, Enterprise Data Engineering
Company: CPS Solutions, LLC
Job description: Employment Duration: Full time
Department: Corporate Office Brooklyn Park
Senior Director, Enterprise Data Engineering
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hybrid Work Model – Home (2 days/week) and Office (3 days/week) based!
As a full time, Senior Director, Data Engineering with the CPS Technology department, you will lead the development of the data platform for core CPS business units. The successful candidate is a seasoned leader who has a proven record of successfully optimizing ETL processes, developing data & analytics solutions and platforms to solve complex scenarios in an agile manner. The qualified candidate will serve as a senior manager-level, sometimes client-facing technical resource responsible for the architecture, design, optimization and/or upgrade of CPS current and future data solutions across all business segments.
- Work collaboratively with the Enterprise Data Architect to deliver the CPS Data Strategy across all lines of business.
- Develop and maintain the Data Governance strategy that supports and protects CPS intellectual data property.
- Create and maintain a vision for the data engineering team to grow and maintain the cloud architecture
- Foster growth and empower their team for the technologies they use and the processes they follow.
- Establish healthy feedback loops with other business units to better understand our data and how our customers consume it to create value for their organizations
- Leads data team in building data management solutions which span all data platforms – Data tools (client-facing data visualization, business intelligence), relational database management and data warehouse, with a focus on increasing customer retention and satisfaction
- Build-out new or transform existing Data Management tools or processes including protecting data as an asset (security, compliance, audit, etc.), data quality, efficiency and governance, central monitoring, data cataloging and reference data or MDM functions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical/quantitative discipline
- 8+ years of development experience, including experience building, running, and deploying systems in a production environment
- 8+ years of experience developing Big Data and Data Warehouse environments.
- Experience in Cloud/Big Data platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) preferred.
- Experience managing data engineering teams with successful track record of delivering an enterprise data strategy
- Experience managing data engineering teams
- Working knowledge of building NodeJS, Angular and .NET applications
- Proficient using both MySQL and SQL Server 20xx
- Experience with Amazon web services and Azure Cloud Services and Subscriptions
- Experience leading data-centric teams & proven track record of career development for direct reports
- Familiar with Agile software development
- Machine learning background a plus
- Experience with git version control
- Experience with Gitlab or Azure Devops or other similar CI/CD platforms
- Specialty Pharmacy and/or Healthcare experience preferred; aptitude for acquiring strong industry knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with internal and external clients
CPS Requirements: All employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test and signed onboarding documents. Additionally, you may be required to provide medical records or have additional medical examinations/background checks that are a specific requirement of the location or position in which you are hired. This applies to internal transfers and status changes for internal CPS team members. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is also committed to a safe and drug free workplace. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
Benefits: All employees enjoy a competitive salary, eligibility to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Time Off Plan, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, CPS Solutions, LLC is one of the nation’s largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 04:15:41 GMT