Job title: Application Administrator
Job description: Job Description:
Who we are
Our Purpose is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for an Application Administrator in Chicago, IL-Hybrid. This position acts as a liaison between the IT Applications Services team and business units for the development, implementation, operation, and enhancement of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) application ecosystem. The CMMS Enterprise Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the CMMS application meets operational performance metrics, is assimilated and used appropriately by business units, and evolves with the business to support future processes and goals. The CMMS Enterprise Administrator evaluates new requirements, identifies systems specifications, and communicates with vendors to ensure that business requirements are met and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
What you’ll do
On a typical day you could be:
- Onboarding users and setting up user access to authorized business areas and functions. You will be ensuring proper security standards are followed and enforced.
- Investigating and rectifying issues users may be experiencing with application functions
- Investigating and rectifying issues the application may have exchanging data with other environments
- Researching, designing, and implementing process and form changes using the application configuration tools
- Conducting testing and evaluation of application changes and releases
- Evaluating and recommending potential application changes, including considerations for effectiveness, risk, and implementation effort.
- Supporting the Infrastructure and Security teams in ensuring that the application performs as needed
- Participate in the design, scoping, planning, execution, and implementation of operational and business critical application services projects
- Build, manage, and maintain the CMMS application and components deployed in the Corix application and infrastructure portfolio, and ensures operational services levels meets the requirements of the business
- Minimize application risk and issues by analyzing service requests and incidents, troubleshooting issues, and developing and updating vendor documentation to ensure that it is up to date and meetings the Corix standards
- Provide business units with support on planning for changes to the existing CMMS deployment, and supporting systems implementations, risk identification and evaluation, budgets, and operational support requirement
- Provides support and analysis for reporting and analytics creation and execution
What you bring
- 1+ years’ experience with operational systems; including mission-critical environments.
- 1+ years’ experience supporting and maintaining enterprise-level application systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, diploma in Computer Information Technology, or comparable certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exposure to or understanding of maintenance management systems and concepts
- Experience with SQL and SQL-based data queries
- Exposure to or understanding of enterprise reporting tools
Nice to Have
- CMMS knowledge an asset
- Normal office environment/ work from home
- Occasional travel to operating sites Canada and the US.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer.
Life at Corix
- Paid Time Off and Holidays: We offer 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays,
- Health Benefits: The first day of the month after your start, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, health savings and flexible spending accounts and more.
- 401(k) Program: Employer contribution. Employer contribution made to the 401(k) plan are vested at 100% and start 30 days after your start.
- Technology in the Workplace: Access to most recent computer applications like Microsoft Suite, Video Conferencing tools and utilizing tablet, laptop and/or mobile device
- Grow at Corix: If you are interested in further developing your skillset within the role, we offer tuition reimbursements for any certification/licensing/self-development that you would like to explore.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): ERGs are voluntary employee groups that form based on shared characteristics or backgrounds and are sponsored by the organization.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include company provided life insurance, parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, discounted pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, and more
People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. o telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical condition), or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 04:24:18 GMT