Job title: Clinical Research Division Manager
Company: CommonSpirit Health
Job description: Overview
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
A technical leader who provides consultative leadership to the ServiceNow Platform Support Team, assures platform alignment to business strategy, and governance decisions. Overall, the Principal Software Engineer has strong technical abilities, a sound understanding of business strategy and policies that govern the ServiceNow platform and possesses advanced ServiceNow knowledge and skill. The Principal Software Engineer creates or enhances applications that meets the needs of end-users and achieve business goals by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, then designing and implementing solutions. The Principal Software Engineer works on several solutions at a time that tend to be of high complexity.Â They provide technical guidance to software engineering teams and oversee the software engineersâ aspects of all projects.
The Principal Software Engineer performs troubleshooting and issue resolution for high complexly software problems. Acts as a subject matter expert for software design and coding.Â Â Will have responsibility of mentoring all software engineers.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in maintenances and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers when required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss about new ideas and any issues.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential and safe
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
Bachelorâs Computer Science, Computer Engineer or related technical discipline or equivalent software development experience. Masterâs Degree preferred.
7+ years of job-related experience
7+ years of experience as senior software engineer
Proficiency in object-oriented design skills.
Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
2 or more relevant technical/professional certifications preferred.
ServiceNow System Admin (CSA)
ServiceNow Application Developer (CAD)
Bonus: ServiceNow ITSM (CIS-ITSM)
Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Coaching and mentoring.
Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
A compensation range of $107,000 – $139,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.Â
While youâre busy impacting the healthcare industry, weâll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!Â
Expected salary: $107000 – 139000 per year
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA