Job title: Cloud Operations Manager – Windows and Vmware
Job description: Preferred Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience with architecting, deploying and maintaining Windows Server environments
- 3-5 years of experience with Vmware in a WAN environment
- 1-3 years of operational experience within a Cloud Environment – Amazon, Azure or GCP
- Experience with managing or leading operational or project teams
- Good understanding of managing via Infrastructure as Code and CI / CD Pipelines – Terraform and Git workflows
- Good understanding of GCloud CLI, python scripting, and Google APIs
- Good understanding of all aspects of VmWare tech stack – includes VCenter, VSphere Replication, NSX, VSAN and GCVE
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotations and support for the on-call engineer when not currently on-call
Manage a team of associates that develop, implement and support new/existing software applications and hardware platforms. Work with user groups to ensure operational stability and that applications meet the practical needs of the company.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Builds relationship with key user and operation groups to identify and resolve business issues.
- Manages system development and support activities to meet user needs in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring completion per the governance process.
- Manages and tracks the progress of multiple development projects to include administration, work plans, resource planning and control, status reports, and budgeting.
- Resolves information services problems by analyzing issues, discerning the most appropriate course of action, providing tactical direction and reallocating resources as necessary.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management and end-users.
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 03:51:46 GMT