Job title: J0922-1499 – Systems Administrator
Job description: The system administrator provides support to critical systems to ensure computer systems are stable and available when needed. The position is responsible for maintaining current systems, updating baselines with new tools and capabilities, security patching, hardware and software installs, and monitoring.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
· Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
· Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
· Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
· Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
· Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
· Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
· Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
· Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
· Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
· Manages and develops Services and VMs in AWS
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- Five years of on-the-job experience as a Systems Administrator.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or AWS certification.
- Experience writing automation scripts.
- System Admin experience in Windows and Linux environment
- Computer networking.
- Agile Methodologies.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5 years
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:17:44 GMT