Job title: QA Architect
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – W2 (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a QA Architect for one of our clients.
- Remote, US-based
- To work with our client, you will be a W2 employee
Our client is looking to onboard a QA Architect for their platform engineering team. Expectations for this role is to work with cross-functional teams to identify gaps in the current testing solutions and bring in best in class to standardize testing practices across all the teams.
The QA Architect/Consultant is a senior position responsible for the Software Quality Assurance team, leading new and existing Quality Assurance initiatives, and will be instrumental in managing QA processes, driving test methods, risk analysis, resource planning, and estimating for client projects.
Extensive experience designing solution architectures for an enterprise software, service virtualization, or systems integration.
- Effective at quickly understanding technology and explaining it in non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated presentation and proposal writing/preparation skills.
- Define approach to test entire systems.
- Design, plan, execute, monitor, improve testing process across PDI.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Oversee/ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug reporting
- Extensive scripting and development experience in a broad range of programming languages.
- Deep database (RDBMS) technology understanding with hands on experience in SQL and procedural languages.
- Advanced experience in Cloud and Virtualization with a focus on AWS.
The ideal candidate will have excellent English communication skills, proven leadership skills, software development experience, deep understanding of formal QA tools, methodology/processes and deep experience with service virtualization.
- QA professional with 10+ years of software industry and management experience
- 5 years of test automation experience with a minimum of three years at a senior level. Demonstrated. Experience in selecting, designing, and implementing test automation frameworks. Experience developing in-house automation tools
- Strong hands-on experience
- using Playwright/Selenium Web Driver with Java
- JIRA, Confluence and Github actions
- Expertise with continuous integration E.g. Jenkins
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent business degree.
- Strong experience in designing and building automated test frameworks for web and mobile applications (iOS and Android) using Java
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with specific experience and demonstrable success with the full software development lifecycle; and using the Agile Development processes
- Experience developing and testing entire systems, with capability to understand details mixed technologies
- Successful track record as a ‘hands on’ leader within QA teams, building and managing teams to a level of top-notch professionals
- Establish design principles for QA automation and Performance Testing Present options and recommendations as needed
- Design and maintain the test automation frameworks
- Design and architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy client requirements.
- Work closely with the test team to identify new automation opportunities.
- Mentor the test automation team.
- Contribute to managing of test environments.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information.
- Develop and maintain a planning model that estimates the ROI of test automation. Track and report actual ROI
- Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools.
- Research, evaluation, and deployment of new test tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration software.
- Passionate about software quality and software testing
- Strong self-motivation (this is a must); Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new requirements quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team
- Critical Thinker; with good logical and creative problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 22:56:17 GMT