Job title: Software Engineer, Senior
Company: Booz Allen Hamilton
Job description: Software Engineer, Senior
As a lead software engineer on our team, you’ll design, develop, build, and deploy secure, cloud-based applications to support mission critical operations. You’ll guide the team to research and develop software recommendations through leadership and mentoring. Your software engineering technical expertise will be vital as you work with our customers to use the latest cloud technologies to improve their capabilities. You’ll be able to leverage your skills and knowledge of platform technologies, including Kubernetes while supporting mission critical systems to secure cloud environments. As a technical leader, you’ll identify and lead the design and development of new cloud-based software solutions to help our customers meet their evolving needs. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
Empower change with us.
- Experience as a software engineer
- Experience with engineering and building software solutions, developing, and maintaining APIs and building software releases
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with command-line interfaces and Agile development techniques and ceremonies
- Knowledge of network technologies, including DNS, Load Balancing, SSL
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite, including Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Agile development techniques and ceremonies
- Experience with designing and automating the provisioning of cloud resources and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with tools such as Terraform, Vault/Secrets Manager, and with Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies, including Kubernetes
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Ability to work well as a member of a software engineering team
- Secret or Top Secret clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 95,000 to 145,000.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Expected salary: $95000 – 145000 per year
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 04:18:36 GMT