Job title: Kubernetes Engineer, Lead
Company: Booz Allen Hamilton
Job description: Kubernetes Engineer, Lead
Everyone is trying to “harness the cloud,” but not everyone knows how. As a DevOps engineer, you’re eager to develop, manage, and secure a container platform that meets your client’s needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. We need you to develop container management software to solve some of our clients’ toughest challenges.
As a senior platform DevOps engineer at Booz Allen, you can use your technical skills to affect mission-forward change. On our team, you’ll hone your skills using the latest cloud technologies as you look for ways to improve your client’s environment with container software to ensure seamless orchestration. Using your DevOps platform experience, you’ll support your team as you inform strategy and design while ensuring standards are met throughout the containerization process.
You’ll recommend resources that will help your client manage and securely adopt containers. Additionally, you’ll continue to strengthen your DevOps skills while supporting the development of critical cloud platforms. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Work with us to use cloud platform technology for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure, DevOps, or application development role
- 3+ years of experience with container tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, or Rancher
- 2+ years of experience with deploying Kubernetes within a platform or cloud offerings, including GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Azure
- 2+ years of experience with automation tools, including Terraform or Ansible
- 2+ years of experience with Helm
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code environments, including activities around the automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, or monitoring and testing, such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of container networking, monitoring, and storage solutions
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience developing in Java, Python, or Go
- Experience with design, deployment, and management of Cloud environments, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with using or migrating CI/CD pipeline solutions or tools, including Gitlab
- Experience with system integration using a variety of protocols, including JSON, REST, and XML
- Experience with scripting in Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- Experience with leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization-based technologies, including Docker, Azure, or AWS
- Knowledge of Linux or UNIX administration and automation
- Knowledge of foundational system administration principles
- Knowledge of classified environment processes and protocols
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full time and part time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs, individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits.
Salary for this position is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, location, the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience, as well as contract specific affordability and organizational requirements. The proposed salary range for this position is outlined below.
Colorado: $104,100 – $212,700 (annualized USD)
New York (including New York City): $109,300 – $251,400 (annualized USD)
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:01:49 GMT