Job title: Purchasing Coordinator / Production Admin
Company: Bertec Corporation
Job description: Overview: Columbus, Ohio based Bertec is an internationally recognized designer, manufacturer, and marketer of research-grade and clinical biomechanical equipment and software. Used by athletic trainers, physical therapists, and other professionals working to understand the movement of the human body, Bertec’s tools help athletes and patients to meet their performance and rehabilitation goals.
Institutions as varied as Nike, the US Olympic Swimming Team, Toyota Robotics, the NIH, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, Harvard University, and hundreds of others around the world rely on Bertec. Founded in 1987, Bertec continues to tackle some of the most ambitious engineering projects in multiple disciplines including biomechanics, mechatronics, immersive virtual reality, eye tracking, and computer vision to bring industry leading solutions to practitioners, researchers, and clinicians.
Position Summary: The Purchasing Coordinator / Production Admin performs vital production duties under the direction of the Production Manager. These duties will include ordering parts, record keeping, inventory tracking, shipping, document creation, and other related tasks. All of these things are essential to keep Bertec’s production running smoothly. The Production Admin will interact with suppliers, subcontractors, production technicians, and the production manager on daily basis.
Bertec operates on a single production shift (normally 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) but the company offers some degree of flexibility in scheduling as the shift can be scheduled during a 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. window. Work will mainly be performed at Bertec HQ but on occasion will require occasional supplier visits. Work will be split between desk-based computer activities and duties on the factory floor with work from home (WFH) opportunities (80 in plant and 20 WFH).
Salary, Benefits, and Advancement Opportunities: Bertec offers Purchasing Coordinator/Production Admin a competitive starting salary of $38,000 -$44,000 based on prior experience. Among the added benefits you will receive is Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K with 3% match, Health & Dental insurance with 50% premium covered and all the free snacks you can handle.
Essential Job Functions:
- Order production components and supplies and monitor lead times and delivery dates from vendors
- Coordinate Multi-Step, Multi-vendor fabrication and arrange transportation via courier service to ensure product meets desired completion dates
- Help manage the packaging process for outgoing orders when needed; namely coordinate masking requirements for vendor services such as Powder coat and Screen print.
- Coordinate return of non-conforming materials to vendors for repair or replacement; manage vendor scrap corrections.
- Execute PO receipt and closure within ERP system and measure vendor accuracy and delivery
- Manage / update part numbers and process routing within the ERP system to reflect current state. Update parts reflecting revision changes, vendor changes, etc.
- Work with Product Development and Engineering on sourcing new products when product is either discontinued/end of life or unavailable.
Qualifications for Success:
- Bertec maintains a COVID safe workplace. Our employees are either vaccinated against COVID-19 or are required to wear an n95 mask when in the building.
- Associates degree in a manufacturing or engineering related discipline, or 2-3 years production or purchasing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn and understand new planning and record keeping software
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to representing Bertec professionally while interfacing with suppliers
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior experience with Procurement or Vendor Management, a plus
To apply via email .com
Expected salary: $38000 – 44000 per year
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:28:58 GMT