Responsible for administrative duties in IT procurement and inventory management. Maintains records and databases for the organization’s hardware. Provides hands on technical support for administration of the IT Infrastructure, including asset inventory, disposal, maintenance, shipping & receiving; laptops, mobile devices, printers, and peripheral equipment of a branch office for a large government organization; tasked with organization and maintenance of assets.Position may require working nights and/or weekends.
- Work with other IT staff to manage the process for controlling reporting on IT assets and quality control of such assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Process shipping request for remote customers.
- Perform inventory and reconcile all newly received IT assets against purchase order information.
- Record inventory information of all equipment in Service Now or other asset tracking system.
- Barcode IT equipment; perform physical inventories verifying information in database is accurate.
- Manages preparation and distribution of pre-defined and ad-hoc reports related using Excel/Pivot Tables etc. to asset management
- Track and manage all DO hardware related warranties through Service Now or other asset database.
- Work with vendor to process broken items through their warranty program
- Ensure equipment from unassigned workstations are removed from floor and placed into inventory.
- Work with customer to process disposal. Identify broken/obsolete IT equipment, sanitize each asset to meet security/EPA standards, palatalize and shrink wrap.
- 2+ years of experience supporting the identification, tracking, disposition and reporting of IT assets, preferably with a CMDB
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical understanding of ITSM asset administration systems and knowledge of ITAM best practices with a focus on updating asset databases and tracking the life cycle of hardware.
- Highly organized; attention to detail to provide, accurate and consistent work; able to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communications in the English language; effective interpersonal skills.
- High level of customer service skills; ability to change technical communication to suit user’s needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be required to lift and/or move objectsup to 50 pounds.
CHAMP, CITAM, A+, ITIL 3 or 4 Foundation
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Excel
- Troubleshooting knowledge of PC hardware configurations, network printers, and peripherals; very effective troubleshooting skills.
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to pass Public Trust (Adjudicated by Dept of Treasury)
The MIL Corporation values your contribution and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $55,000 – $68,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range is just one part of MIL’s complete compensation package.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you!
Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- , Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work:
Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of…