Classification Title Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate Working Title Application Specialist Hire Types Staff Division Alexandria Technical & Community College Department Student Affairs Unit Admissions Location Telework Position FLSA Non-Exempt Full/Part Time Full Time FTE Employment Condition Unlimited Work Shift Work Schedule/Hours/Days
This is a teleworking position, so a reliable high-speed internet service is required.
M to TH 9:30 a.m.
– 6:00 p.m.; and F 11:30 a.m.
– 8:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted on a competitive basis through November 27, 2023, on the State of Minnesota Careers website .gov/careers. Search for Job .
State of MN employees can access this link through the Employee Self Service portal. Once in the portal, click on the Careers tile.
Salary Minimum $19.57 Salary Maximum $25.95 Salary Type Hourly Bargaining Unit/Plan 206, AFSCME Clerical Job Description
This position provides support and participates in the tasks and communications that result in moving students through the application process. Provides prompt and efficient processing of applications for admission to consortium colleges as well as any other contracted institutions with various application types. The primary objective is to provide support which allows colleges to meet or exceed established enrollment goals.
The position specializes in information and records management, application processing, and document collection and storage. Provides specialized support services and serves as part of the team that staffs support center phone lines and CRM based communication channels accessed through the support center website. General assistance provided by using information stored in knowledge banks and other databases to customers and students with wide-ranging needs.
The incumbent acts with minimal direction and supervision to administer key support activities. Ensures that timely and appropriate services are provided according to established guidelines, college, university and system policies, consortium and support center processes, procedures, and work instructions.
This position will report to the Distance Minnesota Manager.
* Knowledge and skill of Word Processing sufficient to use software to create, format, edit and print a variety of documents, including emails, memos and reports.
Ability to check completed work for accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. Skill to keyboard a word processing document on a computer.
* Knowledge and skill of Spreadsheets sufficient to use software to prepare reports and type documents as requested.
Ability to develop spreadsheets and/or enter data into existing spreadsheets. Skill to prepare and manipulate a spreadsheet per instructions.
* Knowledge of complex databases and query programming languages.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data into a database to ensure data integrity and privacy and technical skills sufficient to use non-standard or advanced software to check input and output for completeness, accuracy, and discrepancies. Skill to pass a data entry exam with 95% accuracy.
* Knowledge of speaking, writing and reading sufficient to answer phones, communicate effectively with internal and external customers, prepare written responses to routine inquiries, and follow detailed instructions provided both orally and in writing. Skill in using grammar, spelling and punctuation to prepare reports, write emails and memos.
Ability to read and write materials in English. Skill to create a word processing document utilizing grammar, sentence structure, spell check, etc.
* Knowledge of customer service practices and principles sufficient to identify each customer’s needs, meet quality standards for services, and evaluate customer satisfaction.
Ability to use customer service skills on the phone, in person, and online to promptly respond to customer inquiries, provide positive problem solving, and manage customer complaints tactfully and thoroughly.
* Ability to work in a seated/standing position and use a keyboard to enter electronic data for extended periods of time.
Diploma and/or AAS degree in an Administrative Support program area (or related two-year degree) or the equivalent of at least two years of work experience in an office setting.
Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Knowledge of Integrated Student Record System (ISRS)
* Ability to learn new software as responsibilities expand
* Skills in the use of specialized records management software used by Minnesota State
* Skills in the use of a CRM or another database context.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle…