Job title: Work Based Learning Program Infra Delivery Tech
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an Infrastructure Delivery Technician to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team as part of our Work-Based Learning Program (WBLP). Amazon has multiple WBLP trainee openings, and will start all technicians in January 2023. These trainees will participate in our 12-week work and training program in our Northern VA Data Centers including Herndon, Manassas, Chantilly, and Sterling/Ashburn.
The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability for our customers within our Data
Centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability for our customers within our Data Centers. You will work in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network. You will launch cutting edge server technologies and solve diverse networking impairments.
To be successful in this role you should possess technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. In addition, you must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. You will be able to leverage your experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy.
- Move and implement large enterprise equipment
- Patch cabling between equipment
- Install Fiber and Copper cabling
- Ensure proper standards are maintained for cabling and racks
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment
In addition, all candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work
prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are
critical to being successful.
- Walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Work at heights and from ladders
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 40 pounds and carry them for short distances
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Daily travel between sites may be required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime as required
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 18 years or older
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work 40 hours/week. Must be able to work 10 hour shifts as needed
- Able to start January 2023
- Familiarity with computer hardware components and operating systems
- Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager
- Has taken STEM or vocational course curriculum •Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Sterling, VA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:13:31 GMT