Job title: Software Development Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Within Amazon’s Supply Chain Optimization Technology team, Optimal Sourcing Systems (OSS) designs and builds systems that measure and manage Amazon’s supplier capabilities, identify and react to supply disruptions, and prioritizes inbound freight for our global network. OSS software is used by every country Amazon services, and is a critical link to ensuring Amazon offers the products our customers want, at the lowest possible cost.
We are looking for Software Development Manager who is highly technical and has a passion for both the engineering and the business sides of product delivery and team management. You will use your technical and leadership skills to manage and develop software in one of the worlds most complex, fast moving, largest supply chain networks. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of distributed systems, and practical experience managing fast-moving teams.
As the manager of a development team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about owning a part of the Amazon business and leveraging new technologies such as Deep Learning to deliver a step change in value for Amazon customers. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. You should be comfortable diving deep into technical architectures and requirements, able to work with engineers to identify solutions to challenges discovered during development, and ready to work with latest cloud computing technology.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 3+ year experience in managing software development teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- Knowledge of best practices for software design, planning, operations excellence and software delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in designing and mantaining scalable, performant and reliable systems
- Experience in establishing and managing agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
- Experience managing service-oriented software systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:21:42 GMT