Job title: Software Development Engineer, Internet Edge Capacity
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Do you love decomposing problems to develop products that impact millions of people around the world? Would you enjoy identifying, defining, and building software solutions that revolutionize how businesses operate?
The Internet Edge Capacity team at Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to build, deliver, and maintain complex products that delight our customers and raise our performance bar. You’ll design fault-tolerant systems that run at massive scale as we continue to innovate best-in-class services and applications in the AWS Cloud.
The pay range for this position in New Jersey & Colorado is $144,000 – $194,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Key job responsibilities
Our engineers collaborate across diverse teams, projects, and environments to have a firsthand impact on our global customer base. You’ll bring a passion for innovation, data, search, analytics, and distributed systems. You’ll also:
- Solve challenging technical problems, often ones not solved before, at every layer of the stack.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Build high-quality, highly available, always-on products.
- Research implementations that deliver the best possible experiences for customers.
A day in the life
As you design and code solutions to help our team drive efficiencies in software architecture, you’ll create metrics, implement automation and other improvements, and resolve the root cause of software defects. You’ll also:
- Build high-impact solutions to deliver to our large customer base.
- Participate in design discussions, code review, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to help drive business decisions with your technical input.
- Work in a startup-like development environment, where you’re always working on the most important stuff.
About the team
Within AWS Networking, the Internet Edge organization is responsible for connecting Amazon to the global Internet. Our mission is to deliver an Internet connectivity experience that sets the global standard for performance, availability, security, and cost, making Amazon the clear choice for our customers’ needs. Our team provides high-performing Internet connectivity for a wide range of use cases, such as retail (amazon.com), video streaming (Prime Video), content delivery (CloudFront), AWS services (such as EC2/S3) and more! You’ll be building high impact solutions to allow us to deliver Internet capacity at scale for our customers!
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Experience working with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and object-oriented software design in Linux/Unix environments
Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, Typescript, Scala, Golang, C++ or C#
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience communicating with peers, technical teams, and senior management
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $144000 per year
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:25:50 GMT