Job title: Software Dev Engineer II, Talent Product Team
Job description: DESCRIPTION
World Wide Consumer Talent Product Team (TPT) is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build truly innovative internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible.
It’s Day 1 in TPT, and we’re a team that powers the career development of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. We are determined to disrupt HR space by bringing in end to end automation of business process flow. The TPT technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape the next generation WW Consumer Talent product at Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
Imagine being able to build the Earth’s most customer-centric company…in an organization that delivers a smile to millions of people every single day…and on a team that powers the recruitment of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. This is the reality of being part of World Wide Consumer Talent Products team. We need leaders who are owners, who have a bias for action, and who have a deep desire to build….to make the previously impossible possible. Is that you? We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to define and build our next generation career development product which is going to better engage and empower our employees.
You will design, implement, and deploy software components and features, solving difficult problems and generating positive feedback. You are expected to be proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. You will work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers, as well as foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way. You will focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
A day in the life
- Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, build new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global customers.- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
- Deeply understand and work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of Software development lifecycle
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies
About the team
The mission of the Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world’s best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Possesses high levels of ownership and is self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
The base pay range for this position is $ 165,000- 223,000/YR. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- “Preferred Qualifications updated to comply with applicable pay transparency requirements.”
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $165000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA – San Francisco, CA
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:25:50 GMT