Job title: Senior Startup Solutions Architect
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Do you like startups? Are you interested in cloud computing? Yes? We have a role you might find interesting.
Startups are the large enterprises of the future. These young companies are founded by ambitious people who have a desire to build something meaningful and to challenge the status quo. To address underserved customers, or to challenge incumbents. They usually operate in an environment of scarcity: whether that’s capital, engineering resource, or experience. This is where you come in.
The AWS Startup Solutions Architecture team is dedicated to working with these early stage startup companies as they build their businesses. We’re here to make sure that they can deploy the best, most scalable, and most secure architectures possible – and that they spend as little time and money as possible doing so.
We are looking for technical builders who love the idea of working with early stage startups to help them as they grow. In this role, you’ll work directly with a variety of interesting customers and help them make the best (and sometimes the most pragmatic) technical decisions along the way. You’ll have a chance to build enduring relationships with these companies and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
As well as spending time working directly with customers, you’ll also get time to “sharpen the saw” and keep your skills fresh. We have more than 175 services across a range of different categories and it’s important that we can help startups take advantages of the right ones. You’ll also play an important role as an advocate with our product teams to make sure we are building the right products for the startups you work with. And for the customers you don’t get to work with on a 1:1 basis you’ll get the chance to share your knowledge more broadly by working on technical content and presenting at events.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage directly with startup customers to provide them with technical advocacy as they build their products in the cloud. Ensure that they are spending as little time and money as possible doing so
- Create plans, in conjunction with other members of customer account teams, to define how you will help your customers with their cloud needs
- Share your technical knowledge broadly by participating in select, startup-focused, one-to-few and one-to-many sessions with larger groups of customers
- Work with other teams at AWS (e.g. marketing, training) to contribute to the creation of content that can be delivered to the broader startup community at scale (e.g. on-line videos, and other digital content)
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 5+ years of experience architecting, building, or operating cloud-based applications or infrastructures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Open to some travel (up to 25%)
- Location – Flexible.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in the startup community (e.g. founder, mentor, early technical employee)
- Deep knowledge of modern architectures, including serverless/containerized
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional certification
- Experience presenting to medium sized audiences (e.g. 200-300 people)
- A passion for learning and for helping others to learn
- Preferred location is on the east coast.
The base pay range for this position in New York City is $168,905.00 – 228,518.00 per year. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $168905 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:22:45 GMT