Job title: Senior Software Development Manager, Project Kuiper
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to lead a software team in an advanced satellite broadband telecom service? The Configuration Management & Deployment teams owns the software services that collect manage configuration for all Kuiper devices and orchestrate the deployment across our fleet.
This role is for a senior leader in Kuiper Infrastructure Software Systems organization, responsible for driving the research & development, deployment and operation of this critical mission system for the Kuiper constellation. You will own the roadmap and mission for Configuration Management & Deployment and work with your customers to refine requirements, understand constraints, hiring & growing your team and iteratively delivering value to our customers.
Export Control Requirement: Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Key job responsibilities
- Work with our peer teams and customers to design suitable software systems and interfaces to fulfill the mission needs.
- Develop a strategic plan for the growth of the team, both from a software services and organization perspective.
- Hire & Develop a diverse team of software engineers.
- Aid in the design of mission critical systems in Project Kuiper.
- Collaborate with your fellow team members to form a strong foundation for a software organization in Project Kuiper
- Help on-board and mentor new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in managing a software team for 5+ years and multiple teams for 2+ years.
- 10+ years delivering software in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with satellite communications and management software.
- Experience with low-level programming and embedded systems.
- Experience developing distributed software systems in Java, Rust, GoLang or C/C++.
- Hands-on experience with designing and developing performance optimized and highly available software systems.
- Experience in developing for cloud-native environments.
- Experience in developing software for Linux.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:22:45 GMT