Job title: Senior Software Development Engineer, IAM Data Plane
Job description: DESCRIPTION
AWS has the most services and more features than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and the Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether it’s Identity features such as access management and Sign-on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the workloads and access patterns keep evolving, demanding the next order of magnitude scalability. We are looking for strong software engineers to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment in a fast-paced environment.
We desire you to have an established background in design, development and operations of highly scalable and available distributed systems. You must have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. It is a highly technical space. You are a strong technical contributor who understands the big picture, drives prioritization, builds consensus, and rallies the team behind it. Responsibilities include driving architecture, design, and implementation of complex components while maintaining an uncompromising bar on quality and mentoring junior developers for software within the team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience running and maintaining a 24×7 production environment
· Experience with very large distributed systems such as large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
· Exceptional customer focus including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
· Prior experience in defining, scoping and pitching the business and technical vision for a complicated area within a highly technical domain.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $168,070 year in our lowest geographical market, up to or 275,140 year in our highest geographical market. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Expected salary: $168070 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:26:51 GMT