Job title: Regional Environmental Engineer, AWS Environmental Health & Safety
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Join a diverse, dynamic and enthusiastic team of environmental compliance professionals who play a leading role in environmental permitting and compliance at Amazon Web Services (AWS), where we have a history of leading the world in innovative technologies and services. The work of our Regional Environmental Engineers is critical to enabling AWS’s growth in the US and around the world.
As a Regional Environmental Engineer (REE), you will be responsible for environmental compliance at AWS data centers in Eastern Oregon. You will develop standards and policies to support regulatory compliance, complete environmental performance analysis, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Amazon environmental standards. You will provide guidance and build effective relationships with internal and external partners, including government entities, contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders.
- This position is located in Kennewick, WA.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage and oversee compliance with environmental regulations and Amazon policy
- Develop regional strategic programs by integrating with engineering, construction, and operations
- Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization
- Function as a leader regarding regulatory agency interactions, permit evaluation and processing, and new process and technology introduction
- Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees is completed in accordance with Amazon standards
- Develop environmental metrics to measure, monitor and forecast performance
- Conduct thorough and accurate environmental audits for continuous improvement
- Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently
- Represent Amazon at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company
- Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately
- Submit time-critical reports to various governmental agencies
- Complete thorough and accurate environmental incident investigations and associated regulatory reports and develop appropriate corrective action
The Regional Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, particularly with respect to US and Oregon regulations, demonstrated success in program and project management, and experience leading teams in complex and technical projects.
- BA/BS degree in chemistry, biology, environmental science, chemical or environmental engineering, or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager
- Experience with regulatory compliance topics including air emissions evaluations, water quality or discharge requirements and waste management
- Broad knowledge of US and Oregon environmental regulations
- Experience working with operational or industrial facilities
- Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization
- Experience successfully implementing environmental systems
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Kennewick, WA
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:12:10 GMT