Job title: Onsite Medical Representative , WHS
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) team aims to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support these goals, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) to join our team. In this position, you will work closely with the WHS site manager, WHS specialist, and Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS). You will be required to independently evaluate and provide first aid (e.g., for musculoskeletal injuries), advise Amazon Associates (AAs) on occupational and non-occupational injuries, have great verbal communication skills, and be able to connect with AAs, as well as Amazon Managers. You should enjoy learning and applying your knowledge about health & wellness to provide care for AAs on a daily basis. You will refer care to outside medical providers as needed, and learn about OSHA regulations, risk, and analysis. Practical ergonomics experience is advantageous. However, ergonomics topics will also be covered in ongoing training.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all first aid needs and support operations as needed. This includes attending weekly associate committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide triage, first aid, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated.
- Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and proactive engagement.
- Maintain all records of care provided to AAs.
- Develop a first aid care plan for AAs recovering from an injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care instructions as needed.
- Facilitate and maintain the workers’ compensation and return to work process for associates with work related injuries.
- Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports.
- Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work habits.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is maintained.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Willing to be trained to teach first aid, CPR, and AED certification classes.
- Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends.
- Communicate effectively.
- Display professional behavior.
- Multitask and have exceptional time management skills.
- Work in and embrace inclusive and diverse atmosphere.
- Follow direction, policy, and procedures.
- Maintain composure in emergencies and lead emergency response at the site.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a first aid, CPR, and AED course from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Must have ONE of the following listed below:
- Valid Provincial Primary Care Paramedic Certification from the Ministry of Health OR the Canadian Organization of Paramedic Regulators;
- Current valid Emergency Medical Technician Basic Certification from the Department of Health OR the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT);
- In the last three years, six months job experience as a Military Medical Technician (Canada), Combat Medic (USA), Field Medic (USA), Healthcare Specialist (USA), Hospital Corpsman (USN), Aerospace Medical Service Technician (USAF);
- In the last three years, six months job experience in a care provider role AND a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution in:
- Certified to teach first aid, CPR, and AED training from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Passion for promoting health and wellness
- Experience coaching on body mechanics
- Experience managing musculoskeletal disorders
- Experience in ergonomics
- Experience with OSHA regulations
- Experience with Workers Compensation
- Proficient in digital recordkeeping
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Schertz, TX
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:01:49 GMT