Job title: Manager III, Software Dev, DocumentDB
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility) is a fast, scalable, highly available and fully managed document database service that supports MongoDB workloads. As a document database, Amazon DocumentDB makes it easy to store, query and index JSON data.
This is a fast growing service with many interesting challenges in the database management space.
In this role you will lead a team working on challenging and rewarding technical problems.
You will lead a group of top talent in the design and development of a product that enables customers to run MongoDB compatible workloads at scale as a managed service on AWS.
Key job responsibilities
As a Manager III, Software Development, you will:
- Build a team of exceptional individuals to deliver a disruptive product that is rapidly growing.
- Inspire teams and individuals to do exceptional work.
- Solve challenging problems that will enable customers to manage JSON-style data at scale.
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud.
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space.
A day in the life
As a key leader on the DocumentDB team, you will collaborate with your team members, partners, and senior leadership to shape the product vision, you will own your team’s engineering plan and execution. You will hire and organize engineers in research, prototyping, software design, and implementation. You will lead your team in honing its processes, building team culture, and will facilitate staff members’ career development.
About the team
Our team develops Amazon DocumentDB , a fully-managed cloud database that enables customers to persist JSON documents and retrieve them with a powerful query language. We are developing new query capabilities, pushing the bounds of performance, driving distributed systems innovation in scalability and high availability, and investing in user experience.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in the development of mission-critical system software with 2+ years working with or developing data management systems.
- 5+ years’ experience managing people with 2+ years managing multiple managers/teams.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and to ensure strong communication throughout the organization about project delivery expectations.
- Has mentored and helped teams and individuals to grow beyond their expectations.
- A management and leadership position in a team delivering solutions at scale with Cloud technology.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with 10 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:17:44 GMT