Job title: Mainframe Migration Consultant , GFS Application Migration, Modernization, and Management (AM3)
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services (ProServe) Team is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects/developers to join our ProServe organization, and help accelerate our customer’s journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers, while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
We are seeking highly motivated technical architects/developers that possess a unique balance of application development/architecture, cloud migration experience and strong interpersonal business acumen to build a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AWS platform.
AWS ProServe teams engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Key job responsibilities
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
A day in the life
✔️ PRE-SALES SUPPORT
Serve as the focal point for the CSTs to solution, scope, and estimate AM3 sales pursuits.
Operate as a “Tiger team” to increase the overall migrations delivery capability for GFS through tight integration with the peer practices for delivery, in addition to building and leveraging a dedicated migrations delivery partner channel.
Develop GFS specific AM3 offerings leveraging assets/offerings created by the Global Specialty Practice (GSP). Additionally, create application migration and modernization artifacts specifically for GFS customers.
✔️ STANDARDS AND BEST PRACTICES
Ensure the delivery quality and success of AM3 engagements best on standards and best practices to promote consistency and scale.
✔️ DRIVE SERVERS-RETIRED KPI
Track and drive the retired servers key performance indicator collaborating with CSTs and EM leads to achieve allocated goal.
✔️ THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Evangelize effective patterns, best practices and common artifacts. Identify and address industry trends and issues and convert to patterns and offerings.
About the team
The GFS Application Migrations, Modernization, and Management (AM3) practice was established in 2020. The purpose of this practice is to leverage proven methodologies, tools, and best-practices to deliver professional services to accelerate migration of customer on-premises workloads to the AWS platform at scale. This is accomplished with skilled GFS AM3 specialists closely collaborating with the other delivery specializations, CST, GSP AM3, AWS Partners and performing strategic and fundamental functions.
- Experience with large-scale migrations from on-prem to Cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Professional experience developing, designing and developing applications in a Public or Hybrid Cloud environment
- Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively across organizations
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
- Experience or familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies (Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP e.g.)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $153,600 – 207,800 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 04:17:48 GMT