Job title: IT Support Assoc II (WH), Pharmacy IT Services
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Pharmacy’s mission is to deliver the right medications to our customers at the right times without the complexity and frustration of the traditional healthcare system. We are looking for a Inventory Coordinator II to join our growing IT Warehouse team. This IT Warehouse team supports all of Amazon Pharmacy, providing either asset replenishment or procedural support. You will also provide quality support to internal customers through one or all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
Amazon Pharmacy seeks bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to work at the IT Warehouse in Renton, WA. The Inventory Coordinator II works with Amazon Pharmacy teams to provide and support the IT equipment and services they need. As an Inventory Coordinator II, you will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to quickly adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. This team provides support for all of Amazon Pharmacy employees with responsibilities including but not limited to: preparing hardware, managing inventory, troubleshooting and resolving customer issues with Windows, Mac, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobile device management, and creating and maintaining documentation.
Key job responsibilities
- Hardware procurement and asset management
- Informs customer of device life span and when replacement will be sent
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of a Knowledge Base.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- 1+ years of experience in supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling, weekends, holidays, and an on-call, after hours rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and PHI Compliance
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Experience with imaging devices
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Renton, WA
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:26:51 GMT