Job title: Business Intelligence Engineer, Professional Services, Insights Team
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to support the analytical needs of our fast growing Professional Services practice. This is a unique opportunity to invent new ways of leveraging our large, complex data streams to enable the practice to scale and accelerate our enterprise customers’ journey to the cloud. This is a high-visibility and high business impact role.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? In this role, you will own the development and adoption for business intelligence tools that impact leaders across the world. You will work closely with business planning and finance teams to achieve business objectives and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will implement best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, visualization design, and documentation; and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
*Mentorship & career growth
*Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*Inclusive team culture
*Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
*Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization-leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, our consulting roles are customer-facing, requiring up to 25%-50% travel to customer locations.
Key job responsibilities
*Key job responsibilities*
- Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale
- Develop new metrics, improve the monitoring and alerting for existing metrics, and identify correlations and root causes,
- Focus on financial information, forecasting, and profitability related metrics.
- Improve the adoption of self-service analytical tools by acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and deliver training to global teams.
- Perform regular audits and improvements to data systems to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Conduct statistical and trend analysis to identify opportunities, highlight strengths, and provide recommended corrective actions.
- Perform regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics.
- Provide solutions that inform team’s business decisions.
- Developing programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data.
- Contribute to the writing of papers for internal audiences.
- Collaborate with the economist, product management, and engineering partner teams to influence and guide their development roadmaps
- 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence and data analysis
- 2+ years of relevant experience developing advanced production dashboards in Tableau or QuickSight
- 2+ years of work experience writing and debugging basic SQL queries (ETL, Data Modeling, Data Mining, etc.) with large-size data sets in a business setting
- Experience with advanced Excel functions, Tableau, PowerBI or other BI visualization tools
- Proficient in descriptive statistics and familiar with inferential statistics
- Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Able to investigate data anomalies, communicate analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Experience publishing and managing content, jobs, and permissions on Tableau server
- Experience using Anaplan or similar sales forecasting planning tools
- Experience using SQL, Python, R, VBA, or other languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis
- Experience with analytical techniques, such as scenario modeling, regression analysis, predictive modeling, segmentation, forecasting, hypothesis testing, multi-variant testing
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3, and Lambda
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in an Enterprise Applications Operations role with Salesforce or other CRM
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities, workloads, and tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- AWS Certifications
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
The base pay range for this position is $98,200 – 185,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $98200 – 185000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA – San Francisco, CA