Job title: Business Intelligence Engineer
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to serve as the subject matter expert on presenting data in an informative and actionable way to facilitate productive, cross-functional dialogue. This is a highly visible opportunity to provide analyses and custom-build data solutions and that will increase the productivity of Amazon’s analytical capability to scale through data.
In this role, you will be a technical expert that will partner with Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and Investigator teams to leverage data and generate actionable insights; with a scope that spans all of Amazon’s Consumer businesses, Amazon Web Services, and Subsidiaries.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in analyzing structured data and occasionally modelling unstructured data into consumable datasets accessible to other users. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with ambiguity, and seeks new challenges to solve problems through data analytics.
This position location is flexible based on candidate location.
Key job responsibilities
- Operate in a consultative capacity, analyze the functions, objectives and requirements of organizations within the company, and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Identify and substantiate risks associated with business processes, policy, organization, procedures, and systems using data analysis and recommend remediation steps that reinforce business assurance.
- Seek out the correct data sources required and using ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) methods to join, manipulate, and normalize the data into a consumable data set for testing and analysis.
- Determine the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyze and interpret results into actionable testing solutions which are summarized for audit findings.
- Advise forensic auditors, investigators, business stakeholders, and senior management on results and impact of the results surfaced from testing.
- Develop analyses & tools that will enable deeper analysis while increasing efficiency and effectiveness by reducing manual intervention while increasing sample sizes tested.
- Maintain existing infrastructure needed for ongoing testing and looks for optimization opportunities to improve or enhance existing infrastructure.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Analytics or equivalent).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an analytical discipline (e.g. business intelligence, data engineering, data analytics).
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python, R, Bash or similar languages with applications for data analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL scripting.
- Proficiency in data visualization and dashboard building (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight or equivalent).
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or similar).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:26:52 GMT