Job title: AWS Senior Practice Delivery Leader – Engagement Management Practice, NorthEast, Professional Services, US SDT EM Services Practice
Job description: DESCRIPTION
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re looking for an experienced people and delivery leader for Engagement Management professional services specialty team. As the person in this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements to enterprise customers. You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle. Over time, you will be a leader of leaders responsible for the people leadership, portfolio management and practice development. You will lead customers and be a strategic business partner to enable the delivery of business outcomes. Location is flexible but preference given to those based in the US NorthEast.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
- Leadership – lead a team of leaders and individuals across the East who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers
- Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner with our East sales leaders to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
- Training – Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
- Partnering – Work with the Partner enablement team to conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
- Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers thru our Engagement Manager community of practice
- Solutions – This includes participating in pre-sales, on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering ProServe offerings such as mass migration programs, and help develop custom solution engagements.
- Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, media/entertainment, and healthcare/life sciences.
- Delivery – Work with leaders who deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers. Create and deliver executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project.
- Feedback – Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback and lessons learned.
- 15+ years IT consulting or industry experience coordinating and leading large scale Digital or Global IT Transformation initiatives
- 10+ years management experience leading a team in excess of 25 people whose primary responsibility is program/project management focused on large scale multi-work stream enterprise engagements driving business outcomes across partners and customers in a professional services environment.
- Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies including toolsets
- Experience developing and maintaining executive relationships (C-level CIO, CTO, CISO, etc) with the ability to articulate complex concepts concisely to collaborate among technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to manage internal and external cross-functional teams in fast-paced matrix partner and customer organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
Ability to travel to client/other AWS locations as needed.
- 10+ years managing and leading delivery of large portfolios or programs across one or more industry verticals such as Financial Services, Health and Life Sciences, Media and Entertainment, Telecommunications, Retail, Automotive, Oil & Gas, and Manufacturing
- Proficiency in cloud technology value proposition, principles, and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology
- Experience in influencing senior leadership, business and technical stakeholders, and peer groups, while driving enterprise-scale portfolios or programs in large organizations
- AWS certifications, AWS engagement delivery experience or other public cloud certifications
- Experience with toolsets like Salesforce, Jira
- Experience in developing and building in a diverse team
- Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE) and/or Agile (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe SM, CSPO) certification
- Post Graduate Degree (e.g., MBA, MS Computer Science, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Location: Los Angeles, CA – San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:12:10 GMT