We are a mission partner supporting DoD, Intelligence, and Civil space customers. We develop complex radiation effects mitigated designs that balance competing requirements in modern space programs, delivering cutting-edge solutions that enable our customers to achieve more in space. We combine our expertise in space electronics with right-sized development processes to create innovative, high-performance space-based electronic systems that meet our customers’ evolving needs.
• Work within a multi-discipline team of engineers to design Software Defined Radios (SDRs), On-Board Processors (OBPs) and storage solutions for space applications utilizing the latest Xilinx technologies (e.g., Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC, Zynq Ultrascale+ RFSoC, and the VERSAL ACAP)
• Create and maintain complete FPGA designs using a combination of VHDL and Vivado IP Integrator with a strong emphasis on efficient data path architecture, reliable timing closures, and high-performance implementations
• Code, simulate, and verify a wide range of RTL modules for FPGAs including modules for digital signal processing (DSP), control algorithms, interfaces to external peripherals, etc.
• Design and implement solutions that use embedded ARM processors, DDR4 memories, high-speed serial interfaces such as Aurora, JESD204B/C, PCIe, 1G/10G/40G Ethernet, etc.
• Create and maintain comprehensive simulation test bench modules to ensure a high degree of code coverage and verify functionality of firmware modules
• Create and maintain Timing Constraints to ensure design is fully constrained and consistent Timing Results are achieved post-implementation
• Create and maintain Core Level and Top-Level design documents
• Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and contribute towards FPGA Design methodologies and best practices
• Work in close collaboration with hardware and software engineers throughout the integration process to ensure that FPGA designs are correctly implemented
Education: BS in computer/electrical engineering with a focus on embedded firmware design
Years of Experience: 4+ years of experience with firmware design, simulation, and verification
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance (not required to start, will be processed for clearance after onboarding)
• An understanding of FPGA design methodologies including physical synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification, power analysis, and other DRC centric tools
• Experience working with Xilinx FPGAs and the Vivado Design Suite
• Experience using Vivado IP Integrator
• RTL coding experience using VHDL
• Experience writing simulation test benches to identify bugs and verify designs
• Experience writing constraints for timing verification
• Experience with board bring-up/verification in an electronic lab environment
• Familiarity with lab test equipment such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Must be a highly productive, self-motivated person able to contribute as an individual and work within a distributed team
• Must possess very good communication skills, verbal and written
• Modelsim/Questasim and/or Aldec simulation tools
• Simulation verification libraries such as UVVM, UVM, OVM, etc.
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• MATLAB and Simulink, MATLAB HDL Coder
• Verilog, SystemVerilog
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.