Job title: Maintenance Technician I
Company: Abode Services
Job description: Abode Services values safety, wellness, and respect for each other and for those who we serve. Because of this commitment Abode Services is mandating that all employees be vaccinated effective September 30, 2021.
Everyone deserves a home.
Abode Services’ mission is to end homelessness – doing whatever it takes to help those who need it most. We are seeking a Maintenance Technician I to be responsible for performing repairs and unit turnover for a permanent supportive housing facility. This position will work with the maintenance and janitorial team in unit turnover and daily work order repairs. This position must relate well to diverse populations and must exercise good judgement in dealing with residents, staff, visitors and vendors.
Abode’s Benefits and Perks
- $25.00 per hour
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental options
- 19 PTO days & 12 Holidays per year
- Voluntary benefits: FSA, EAP, Commuter Checks, Life Insurance, Legal, and more
- 3% retirement match/contribution
- Professional Development Trainings and Opportunities, Leadership Academy Programs, and All Staff Events
- Dynamic, mission-driven culture and supportive leadership. We support you in supporting others
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs in a timely and professional manner according to housing quality standards.
- Assure all work order requests are completed on a daily basis.
- Inspect vacated units and complete the make ready checklist.
- Perform routine make ready duties.
- Inform site manager of needed service or repairs to units.
- Ability to answer after-hour emergency calls during on-call rotation.
- Have own registered and insured vehicle than can transport necessary work materials.
- Taking pride in work.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity, and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Project a professional image and demeanor.
- Understand, apply, and comply with all company standards.
- Responsible for performing or coordinating with outside vendors, ensuring that work is performed safely and to performance specifications.
- Control and maintain an adequate inventory of parts.
- Accurately report and update the property management software system (Yardi) for work orders.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Unit Turnover or Residential Maintenance.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs. and walk four flights of stairs daily.
- Strong communication skills in English both verbally and in writing.
- Experience and knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Experience in repairing sheetrock, door frames, door locks, and cabinetry.
- Experience in replacing unit plumbing.
- Experience in troubleshooting a wide variety of apartment related problems including appliances and minor electrical issues.
- Experience with working both independently and at times under the direction of facility collaborators.
- Reliable Transportation, valid and current CA Driver’s License and Insurance are required.
Abode Services is a CARF accredited organization that is committed to diversity and equity. We believe that we make better decisions and provide quality services when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. People of color make up nearly 70% of our workforce and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all backgrounds.
Notice: All job descriptions to be used as guides only. They do not constitute contracts, commitments or promises of any kind. Abode Services reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade positions as dictated by business necessity at anytime with or without notice.
Abode Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Abode Services is committed to diversity and equity.
We believe that we make better decisions and provide quality services when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
People of color make up nearly 70% of our workforce and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all backgrounds.
Program: Emergency Shelter
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Expected salary: $25 per hour
Location: Oakland, CA