Job title: Enterprise Account Manager (Seattle or Portland)
Job description: Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the
student debt program and education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree. * A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
What You’ll Work On
This position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) product line to large, complex strategic named accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role will focus on the strategic customer relationship, retention, penetration and net new customer selling.
Primary responsibilities include establishing and building senior level relationships and leveraging them in driving new profitable sales and protecting base business. Understanding and assessing customers’ business objectives, strategies and requirements, identifying innovative solutions to meet account needs and overall account management including detailed account planning and sales forecasting.
- Responsible for driving profitable revenue and closing opportunities within strategic named accounts by initiating, developing and/or delivering unique solutions that result in improved customer outcomes and benefits Abbott, ensures all commitments are met.
- Investigates and understands the strategic account and their business environment including goals, objectives, strategies and competitive situation.
- Identifies industry trends and changing market regulations and understands impact on strategic account.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers and influencers, builds and preserves customer relationships to leverage in driving new sales and protecting base business.
- Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value proposition resulting in positive action.
- Understands, analyzes and accurately interprets key financial performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott’s solutions will impact targeted financial objectives. Negotiates contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
- Provides leadership and direction regarding all Abbott interactions with strategic accounts, acts as a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and assessment into a multi-year plan and leads through persuasion and personal influence an internal ‘selling’ team to develop an actionable account strategy with short-term tactics to achieve desired results.
- Coordinates all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the strategic account plan including assigning roles, expectations, responsibilities and timelines, engages members of the team through ongoing communication, tactical planning and execution.
- Acts as an internal advocate for the customer, cultivates Abbott internal relationships and leverages to drive business objectives.
- The incumbent has direct sales responsibility selling to the ‘C Suite’ or senior executives establishing long term relationships that must be leveraged to drive new and protect existing business.
- S/he will manage 7 to 10 single tier accounts (80-150 hospital/Lab entities) consisting of multiple locations (up to 15) for a single large account or large complex accounts and is responsible for annual revenues of ~$4 to $8 million with minimum of 2X that in new business opportunity.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the P&L for each customer as well as developing the profitable growth that is needed to achieve LRP commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven sales experience at executive level selling broad and complex product line for a minimum of 1-3 years is required.
- Proven ability to build long term strategic and senior level relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large complex organization’s strategic long- term plan and short- term tactics and translate into a winning solution.
- Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based, solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the company and customer.
- Ability to effectively communicate, speak in public, and adapt to rapidly changing environments is a must.
- Executive level business and financial acumen, strong team leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services. They should be an expert in ‘getting things done’ within the company and possess strong negotiation skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Additionally, must have strong internal and external networking skills with robust inter-personal skills that will develop and enhance long term relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 75% in assigned territory and other locations in the US to attend training and support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing and selling customized solutions to senior level/C-suite executives in healthcare institutions.
- 5+ years of experience understanding performance metrics in Hospital or Laboratory settings and recommending solutions accordingly.
- Understanding of diagnostics industry is a plus.
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between: N/A
JOB FAMILY: Sales Force
DIVISION: IACC Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry
LOCATION: United States of America : Remote
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Location: Seattle, WA – Portland, OR